INSTITUTIONíS INNOVATION COUNCIL
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ĎMHRDís Innovation Cell (MIC)í to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas while they are in formative years.
MIC has envisioned creation of ĎInstitutionís Innovation Council (IICs)í across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in these campuses. For more information of IIC and current calendar activities, please visit www.mic.gov.in/iic.html
The primary mandate of Innovation Cell is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by exposing them to new ideas and processes resulting in innovative activities in their formative years fostered through Network of Innovation clubs in Higher Educational Institutions. The major programs that MIC is planning to organize in near future are:
- Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2019.
- Institution Innovation Councils (IIC).
- Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA).
- National Innovation and Start-up Policy for Students and Faculties.
MAJOR FOCUS OF IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARIIA).
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students.
FUNCITONS OF IIC
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institutionís Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institutionís faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc with the involvement of industries.
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies.
- Visit new places and learn a new culture.