TIPS TO SUCCEESS IN STUDIES:
Always remember that academics come FIRST.
It does NOT require you to sit and study ALL the time to perform well.
Be attentive in class, note down the important things. Get back and refer books, discuss with your friends and make sure that the concepts are clearly understood and 75% of your academic work is done.
Do all your assignments in time and another 10-15% of the work is done.
Rest 10-15% will be include preparations for your sessionals and end-semester exams.
You shall still have ample amount of time left. Make use of the time for your extra curricular activities.
Do listen to your seniors. But remember that NOT all that the seniors say is right.
Never have prejudice about a course or a professor, building a judgment based on what your seniors or your peers say.
Its not just the marks you score in the exams that is important but knowledge that you gain and how you apply it is what matters the most.
Do NOT follow the herd. choose a course Whether it is to or a hobby
Do seek advice from others, bur remember that YOU are always the best judge of your abilities. So decide how much time to spend on course works and how much to the rest.
Do not panic if you score low marks. Instead find out where you went wrong and correct yourself
Speak to your class in charges/faculty advisor/concerned /Professors when you are in trouble.
Be focused. Make the right use of all the facilities especially LAN. With great power comes great responsibility and dont misuse.
If you see your friends staying up all night watching movies/playing computer games, it is up to you to say no to it, and wake up fresh next day for classes. Saying no to things you consider as wrong will not harm your relationships with others. Learn to differentiate between the good and the bad. Accept the good, reject the bad.
Learn to take notes in class. Teachers usually do not go by textbooks exclusively and will illustrate concepts through examples or ideas which may be seen in a textbook. It will be necessary for you to know what is being taught, if you are concerned about learning.
Do not postpone Homework to the last day. Nor should you attempt doing homework during a class on the day it is due.
Do not panic if you have difficulty comprehending the teacher during the first weeks of your stay. Make a note of the point. Often you can ask a question in class (May not be possible in a large class) so that the teacher knows that you need an explanation. In any case, check on the point with your friends later in the day.
Do not carry a mobile device to the class. For that matter, you should also not take anything with you which can divert your attention in class (E.g., Newspaper, Storybook).
The best way to build relationships with faculty is to ask doubts in the class. Do not hesitate to ask doubts wherever your concepts are not clear, however silly it might appear. If you are not confident about asking in front of the whole class, at least ask after the class. If you find anything of special interest to you, do not forget to discuss it in greater detail with your professor after the class. That way even the professor will know that you are indeed interested. Also, if you perform well in academics, it will certainly help strengthen your relationships with the faculty, but it cannot be the sole reason. Try to build relationships with faculty outside your department as well. You will be assigned to a faculty advisor in your department. You can discuss any problems/issues with him/her. It is always better to have friendly relationships with as many faculty as possible.
POINTS ON HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFE
1. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don't have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
3. Don't overdo ; keep your limits
4. Don't take yourself so seriously ; no one else does
5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip
6. Dream more while you are awake
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
8. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/ her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
13. Smile and laugh more
14. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
15. Call your family often
16. Each day give something good to others
17. Forgive everyone for everything
18. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
19. Try to make at least three people smile each day
20. What other people think of you is none of your business
21. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
23. GOD heals everything
24. Do the right things
25. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
26. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
27. The best is yet to come
28. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful
29. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it
30. If you know GOD, you will always be happy. So, be happy.